Last updated: July 17, 2017
Personal Information Collect, Use, Disclosure and Consent
“Personal Information”, as used herein, shall mean any information regarding a particular user, client, customer or member either requested by our Service or voluntarily provided and/or posted by such user, client, customer or member, on or after the date hereof, including, without limitation, your name, nickname(s), email address, age, home address, location, phone number, marital status, income, credit history, medical information, education, employment information, social media login information and social registration numbers.
We are committed to providing our clients, customers, members (“you”, “your” or “them”) with exceptional service. Providing exceptional service may involve the collection, use and, at times, the disclosure of your Personal Information. Protecting your Personal Information is one of our highest priorities. While we have always respected your privacy and safeguarded all Personal Information, we have strengthened our commitment to this goal. This is to continue to provide exceptional service to you and to comply with all laws regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information. We will inform you of why and how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information; obtain your consent, as required; and handle Personal Information according to applicable law. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your Personal Information and allowing you to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify identity;
- To identify your preferences;
- To open and manage an account;
- To ensure you receive a high standard of service;
- To meet regulatory requirements; and
- Other legal reasons as apply to the goods and services requested.
Except as otherwise provided herein (see below), we will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose Personal Information. You can provide consent orally, in writing, electronically or through an authorized representative.
You provide implied consent where our purpose for collecting using or disclosing your Personal Information would be considered obvious or reasonable in the circumstances. Consent may also be implied where you have notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of having your Personal Information used for mail-outs, marketing or fundraising and you do not opt-out.
We may collect, use or disclose Personal Information without the consent, without limitation, in the following circumstances:
- When permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the Personal Information is available from a public source;
- When we seek legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt or protection from fraud; and/or
- Other legally established reasons.
We will not sell your Personal Information to other parties unless consent has been provided or is implied. We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose. You may request correction to your Personal Information to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request must be in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify your Personal Information and the correction being sought.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other security methods, in our sole and absolute discretion. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our sole and absolute discretion. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we reserve the right to store, use and/or analyze any user, client, customer or memberâ€™s Personal Information in perpetuity beyond the term of their use of our Service.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. If you do not instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, your consent to our use of your Personal Information may be implied.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose except otherwise permitted herein.
Compliance With Laws
As set out above, and for clarity, we will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to â€” and maintained on â€” computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Please be advised that regardless of your location when using our Service, we transfer and process Personal Information on servers hosted around the world, including, without limitation, the United States and Canada.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Minors. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
App Information Collection
Additional Information Collection and Tracking on App. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, when you download, access, and use our app, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We may collect certain details of your access, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the app.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the deviceâ€™s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the deviceâ€™s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. We may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This app collects, with your consent (which consent is prompted by clicking â€œAllowâ€ on the geolocation pop-up posted when you access our app), real-time information about the location of your device. Such location information may be used for the purposes of, amongst other permissible applications:
- Providing you with the local weather;
- Providing you with links, and ads, to certain goods and services that, based on your profile information, may be of interest to you; and
- Providing you, and other users, with the ability to coordinate and organize events based on your, and other usersâ€™, location.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our app.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the app and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an email, and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- IP Addresses. We may use your IP address to identify your general location. Note, IP Addresses do not track your location with specificity, as with geolocation, but rather, your general location. This app, by default, tracks IP Addresses (without need for any additional consent).